View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #113
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
Everyone knows Freeney's strength is against the pass. The Colt's run defense (of which he was a part) was so terrible that no one threw on the Colts this year. That is a weakness of his (and why he will never be on the level of a guy like Seymour), but it is one that can be overcome at the team level. In the right system with the right help he can be the most dangerous guy on the field in any given week and that's why he is so valuable.

This is pretty much my argument. I am not disputing that Freeney is a great pass rusher. However, a player who is great against the pass and so-so against the run is a "one-dimensional" player. That is its definition.

While I agree Freeney can have a great impact on a football game, it is probably only within that system. Freeney's going to be paid like the highest paid defensive lineman in the league this off-season. Because he is simply not a complete defensive end, he is going to be overpaid, IMO.

Also, (with you being the exception), I get a laugh out of all the people who say, "Freeney's sack total was down because of the Colt's horrible run defense and the team ran against them all the time." Isn't Freeney part of the Colt's horrible run defense? I sincerely doubt you can seperate the two.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 02-12-2007 at 07:03 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote