View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #267
aztarheel
High School JV

From the Desk of Steve Victory, Cal Basketball Coach

Dec. 3, 2031

California 98, Western Illinois 55

Now that’s more like it! Nothing like putting a tough loss behind you with a cakewalk at home. Whew! The guys must have gotten the message after hours and hours of wind sprints…

Miran Lekivicius had the game of his life, scoring 25 points and pulling down 17 rebounds. Pat Matthew and Sam Crowell both scored 20 points. Amazingly the knuckleheads who put together the national rankings must not have seen that we lost to Mercer. We retained a #1 ranking in one poll and only dropped to #2 in the other. I’m not complaining. I really do think we can be a top 5 team as long as we don’t let down like we did against ye olde Mercer.

Auburn comes in this weekend. Then we have four days to get ready for North Carolina, a program that has fallen on hard times the past decade or so. The Heels look decent this season, with a CRI around 60…

Great news on the recruiting front this week. With only one scholarship to give (at least for right now), we went hard after small forward Gerald Jordan from Mobile, Ala. He’s considered the #5 pick in the nation, according to our five-star recruiting service, and he committed to us this week!!

He’s been a bit up and down as a high school senior, but his upside and his size (6-8) are tremendous assets. I used some old connections in ‘Bama to woo him out West. We look forward to what he can do for us…

Recruiting is far from over, however. If one or more of our players heed the NBA call (the date to announce is soon), we’ll need to sign someone else. That’s why we’re still working our networks pretty hard…

Last edited by aztarheel : 02-13-2007 at 08:01 PM.
aztarheel is offline   Reply With Quote