View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 05:33 AM   #324
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Shoot, sorry, Marathoner. When I voted I put it into a tie, but I didn't ecpect the kind of back-and-forth at the end there.

My quick take from all that on those involved is this:

SnDvls pointed out JE's unwillingness to switch with disapproval, but he himself never switched. Even if it would have been nothing more than a gesture, SnDvls' gripe at JE would have more bite if he himself followed suit. He is still on my list as a potential wolf.

ntndeacon could be setting himself up to look good as trying to save Marathoner, but actually hiding himself as a vote. That would be the sneaky play, and if he's a wolf, he knows if SnDvls or Barkeep is, so what risk? I still believe either SnDvls or ntndeacon is a wolf, but not both of them.

I can see JE as a villager making the decision he did. Those kinds of runs at the ends of deadlines are difficult to read, but easy to get caught up in. JE is experienced enough to stick to his guns. But, of course, the nagging thought in my mind is that he could very well have been a wolf, knowing Marathoner to be good and not wishing a switch to Barkeep, who in fact could very well be his cohort.

Barkeep is one I have less of a read on from his play. I'm not sure what is fishy about his play, as others have seen it, and would like to see more discussion about that. BK's desire to see my lynched, of course, is a personal concern and one that does not help us. He could be following his gut as a villager that it's the right plkay (much as I did--and in the wrong--on Marathoner), or he could look around, see fewer experienced players, and just be trying to remove one of the few experienced players left. Of course, he could also just spike my chili tonight, so tough to say.

Not to get lost in the haze is that bsak made a critical vote on Marathoner, as the last voter and the one who broke the tie. I still like others better, but I think that's a critical decision to consider.

All this is food for thought. If I had to vote on my gut right now (and not knowing how the night will end), I would probably lean toward SnDvls.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote