View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #2673
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I've changed my mind a bit how I was going to play today. My apologies to Swaggs for being so rough on him. I just needed a good counterpoint to Anxiety for my ideas.

Basically I chose the list as my reward last night. I assumed my options were either: "The list" which would be some help in finding wolves, or "The item" which would be some protection from wolves. I wanted it to come out like I had no further info than before in hopes it would scare the wolves away from me till the end. I really would like to win it all after all.

I sat and looked at the possible scenerios, and think its probably too dangerous for me to do it this way, so going to explain my actions a bit. This list had 10 players names on it. My assumption is its the first 10 who volunteered when barkeep asked for names and this list is the one the wolves were chosen from (randomly?) I was given the list alphabetically so can't gain anything else from it.

So going into today, I was thinking I was protected from wolf attack last night but not tonight. Now I understand I'm protected for tonight so that helps me even more. Basically my biggest fear is that we haven't gotten the convert and he is out there somewhere.

So here are the names from my list:

Anxiety
Ardent
Blade
Golden
Jonathan
Ntn
Path
Raiders
Schmidty
Tyrith

You can see it has 4 members from Oz (Ardent, Raiders, Goldeneagle, Schmidty), 2 members from Lupus (Blade, Anxiety), 3 members from Howard (Path, Ntndeacon, Jonathan) and only 1 Helsing member (Tyrith who now is Sndvls).

Based off of that, I assume that the Oz wolf was Raiders, Lupus wolf is Anxiety, Helsing wolf is Sndvls and the only one I'm unsure on is Howard as it could be Path or might have been someone else.

I was hoping to hold this info until after this vote to see who might be converted and try to push things a different direction. I guess in my mind though we likely have 3 wolves left, but it could only be 2 possibly. If its 4-3 right now we don't have time for me to try to hunt down possible converts based on their actions today. We have to stay one step ahead of the wolves each day or they control the vote.

So once again today, I feel pretty good about Swaggs and Lathum, Sndvls continues to make me uneasy, and Path I feel good about as well, but that could be dangerous.

Wow that's...unfortunate.

Either this is a wholly made up list, which would be a clever wolf play, or you are just guessing. I hope its the second, but this leads me to make two points, one old and one new.

The old: when volunteers were asked for BK, made it seem that someone from your tribe better volunteer, or else, however the volunteer might get stuck with something icky. Well, I'll be honest. I seriously considered volunteering until I realized that Blade was on my team. Ask for volunteers in a WW game and Blade would be at the front of the line very single time. So I didn;t volunteer because I didn't see the need. Since we've basically sussed out that volunteers were teh wolves, Blade being a wolf makes sense (no one said that there had to be one per group) Lupus may very well have had two!

The new: the seven of us are WW vets. When I started playing a year ago, all six of you had already been playing. We know each other very well, and we also know how to play the wolf. Any two of us (or three is you beleive AlanT) could play a very clever wolf game. Sure, I think JE was a wolf, and RA is to be determined, and I still feel that it was likely that cronin was an Oz convert. However, out of just us seven, I think I honestly begin to fear a group of wolves made up of us. I woulnd;t put many things past any of you.

And that includes fake lists of random ten people, or not being around much, or coming out of the gate swinging and whatnot.

However, her's an additional new thought. The wolves would have wanted to have won yesterday;s challenge, right? They get either an item or a list instead of a villager. it would have behooved them to work together, right?

Which two people got perfect scores yesterday? Swaggs and AlanT.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote