View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 02:37 AM   #750
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

A couple of things about the judge vote spring to mind.
1) a fair few people seem to be willing to say that they voted Anxiety for judge after the event. It might have been more helpful if they had done so before the vote. And even more people who would have voted for him if they'd known.
2) Anxiety was close to getting the vote. To my mind this indicates 2 things - Anxiety is bad and the mob were trying to leverage him in, or he's good and they managed to block his nomination.
3) I don't think all that many people announced who they were voting for. I think we should view the judge vote like a lynch vote today. If you don't announce your vote then you're suspicious.

I still have reason to believe Anxiety is clean but we need to get a bandwagon rolling for a judge candidate so we can be sure of getting one. Apparently the fact that we tried to do that one yesterday put people off, I'd ask these people to reconsider today. This isn't like a lynch vote where you know someone is going to buy it. We need a bandwagon to be sure of a result.

I think the fact that hoopsguy was targeted by hackers and reported it to the police means that he probably isn't a member of the mob. I have a hard time seeing a mob member going to the police for help. What if the investigation turns something else up on him? I don't think it puts him in the clear but it certainly makes me more willing to trust him than anyone else, including Anxiety. Once he's in place then we should be looking at trying to seer him (and protect him, naturally) but we need someone in place as judge.

I'm voting for hoopsguy as judge.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote