View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #848
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You don't think I've had opinions? I've hardly been sitting back relaxing here, what I've been trying to do (without any apparent success) is to point out a couple of things:

First, it is in the interest of the bad guys to set one of their own up as judge.

Second, there are a lot of very smart and experienced players who let what seems to be to have been a pretty obvious hint go by.....and I'm the first to admit that I miss a lot of hints. I found it even more suspicious how quickly some of those people (who normally jump all over these things) were willing to give those who ensured that lynch a pass.

Third, some of those very same people who were poo-pooing the lynch are now driving the idea that everyone must fall into place and vote for hoops and if not you are somehow against either law and order or evil.......this goes back to point one, that there is nothing the bad guys would like more than to have one of theirs in that spot.

Since nobody else is apparently willing to point this out, I've taken it onto myself.

As for who I think might be a better choice than the person Cronin (who I do not trust) is pushing for?

DaddyTorgo switched his vote after the ntn reveal. That's one. I still think Blade is the one of the nearest people we have to a known good. That's another.

I disagree about the mafia wanting one of their own as a judge. I think they would prefer to do exactly what they did yesterday, have a frontrunner with a few other players in the running as a anonymous tossaway votes. If one of their own acts as judge, they would have to answer to the masses if they make poor decisions. No judge is better than a mafia controlled judge, in my opinion.

It is good that you have finally tossed your support behind someone for judge, but you very well know that you should have declared that you liked DT or Blade yesterday and really pushed for him from the beginning of the cycle if you wanted one of them to have a chance. I think DT would be a solid choice, as well. I think hoops will be fine and, as I said earlier, I think he is, at worst, a neutral player in this game. Blade, I'm not so sure of, based on some of his comments yesterday (which could have been legitimate or could have been dekes).

I disagree about it being an obvious hint. In the midst of what everyone else was saying, it was not obvious to me and many others. If ntn or anyone else clearly saw that he was going down and did nothing about it, I question that choice. Yes, it would suck to have an outted detective, but it is preferable to a deceased detective. There were several of us on near the deadline that could have swung things in the last 15 minutes, when it was apparent that it was likely to be ntn.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote