View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 01:09 AM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Nice work! So the Mediterranean's basically becoming a three way dance between you, Castile, and the Ottomans it looks like.

And Mamluks. Aragon is still a power too, it took me and Castille and Tuscany to take them out int eh last war, remember.

Ironically, I'm adjacent, land wise, to all four other major powers (Tripolitania borders the Mamluks on the east side, Castille on the West, Napoli is surrounded by Aragon, and of course, the Turks are adjacent to Athens and Morea).

There are questions though. Can I strike and take the gems provinces? Genoa's Liguria and Venice's Venezia would be among the wealthiest provinces in Europe, and both are adjacent to my territory, but both are capitals. Wars need to reduce Venice and Genoa down to one province nations before i can jump in and take them.

Targets:

Croatia - Our old ally is now just a bum on the Adriatic Sea. They are still one province, and we could swiftly take them

Tunisia - Tunisia is down to one provine, Tunis, which has over 100k people as a nice tax base.

Siena - If I want to keep expanding in Italy, one province Siena has been hanging around for a long time.

Cyprus - I could try to restore relations with our Protestant vassal,, and then try to diplo-annex them.

Tuscany - Their value as a buffer state between me and Aragon and in war with the Papacy has diminished. Beacuse of their form of government, I can't give them a royal marriage, and as such, I can never ask them to become our vassals. They came may come to attack this two province nation.

Venice - I wanted to go to war with Venice before and grab some territory. I was afraid of their military. Now, my army is built up more. If I could catch Venice in a war and stab them from behind, I think I could grab some tasty provinces. Stuff better than Crete or Corfu.

If I could change capitals, I'd consider Ferrara or Napoli.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-09-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote