View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 12:13 AM   #120
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Time for some fun.

May 30, 1553. 100 years. Let’s take a look at our realm:

We have a fleet of two Caravels currently in the Cape of Good Hope, having sailed along and discovered the West African Coast.

We have a fleet of 5 Cogs docked in Napoli.

We have three vassals.

Switzerland, who would be willing to be annexed anytime, I asked my advisors .

Genoa, on the province of Corsica.

The Papal States and the province of Roma.

We have two allies.

Castille and Tuscany. Two long term allies, although there have been some rock roads with Tuscany.

I have 7 regiments of infantry in Lombardia. I am hanging my infantry over to Janissary infantry from Cardotta infantry, although I still have some Cardotta ones here and there.

I have 5 regiments of calvary, 6 of infantry, and one of artillery led by our ruler in Mantua.

I have eight regiments of infantry, including the mercs, in Tripolitania.

Our easternmost province in Cyrpus. Our westernmost, Liguria. Our southernmost Tripolitania, our northernmost Lombardia.

We have a respectable reputation. Our ruler’s diplomacy causes a large drop yearly in our badboy image, plus most of the land we have taken recently was defensively, which never causes as much of a problem internationally. Our next government tech increase is expected in 1653, one hundred years from now. That’s with all of our bonuses in governmental tech research.

The provinces alphabetically:

Apulia – The recently captured Apulia is a decent enough province in the greater scheme of things. With salt, its production is decent, and it has a solid number of people in the 60k+ range. Apulia’s income is 10.36 ducats.

Athens – Once the core of my nation, but now out of the way. 11314 wine growers make decent production but few taxes. We get 9.44 ducats annually from these Orthodox Greeks. Ottomans still have this as a core.

Brescia – Along with Mantuaand Crete, Brescia is our most recent acquisition. There isn’t anything I can say that I haven’t already said about Brescia just a few years ago. Cloth province, Catholic, Lombard, 14.30 dcuats annually, over 100k people.

Calabria – The weakest economically of the five southern Italian provinces (Napoli, Apulia, Calabria, Messina and Palermo). It’s an important strategic province because it is the link between Sicily and Italy. The 58000 people here are fishermen and send us a mighty 5.02 ducats annually.

Crete – Another of our most recent acquisitions, our fellow Greeks in Crete must be happy to be under Greek rule now. The 17623 Catholic fishermen give us 6.64 ducats annually.

Cyprus – 20406 Greek Orthodox winegrowers here send us 10.48 ducats annually in a province that is virtually surrounded by Muslims.

Ferrara – Our unofficial capital of Northern Italy, although Liguria, Lombardia and Brescia are more vital now, its historical value, and core province state currently, will probably keep it our unofficial northern capital. 94704 work the salt trade here in Catholic Lombard country. They send us 19.34 ducats annually.

Liguria – Our most valuable province. 173387 people work the wool trade here. They’ve already gained 20k people since we’ve controlled them. 17.9 ducats are sent to us by these Catholic Lombards.

Lombardia – Another recent acquisition, Lombardia is important both because of the number of people it has (257540), second highest in our nation, and because they have a solid resource in cloth. We get 23.04 ducats from Lombardia annually. The people here are Lombards and Catholic.

Malta – 10741 fisherman work this island south of Sicily and north of Tripolitania. We get 3.54 ducats from them annually.

Mantua – One of our many provinces that begin with M, Mantua is also the most recent M to join our nation. 54123 people work the highly lucrative grain trade (that’s a joke) giving us a mighty 8.97 ducats. The Catholics here are Maltan.

Messina – The third M, Messina is the east Sicilian province, where the people are Sicilian, Catholic and number 99291. Almost over one hundred thousand. They fish here, and send us 7.06 ducats annually.

Modena – 66237 winegrowers work the former capital of our inheritance. The Catholic Lombards send us 18.32 ducats annually. Tuscany considers this a core province.

Morea – Our first province outside of our home, the sleepy winegrowers of Southern Greece send us 9.44 ducats annually, which makes sense considering they just have 11314 people. The Orthodox Greeks are a core province of the Turks.

Napoli – Our most important province after Liguria. The 361872 people here work the wine trade and send us 18.73 ducats annually. The Sicilian Catholics make me happy. I check and count the number of European provinces with more people than Napoli. (Thrace, Venezia). That makes Napolit he third most populous state in the continent (although that will eventually change as large Centers of Trade like Ile-de-France will catch up.)

Naxos – Our capital and home state. Naxos has never been besieged, nor has one attack or defense occurred here in the 100 years we’ve controlled the nation. 6696 Greek Orthodox work the winefields here and create 9.32 ducats for us.

Palermo – Another of the Southern Italy possessions, Palermo has 142956 people working the wine trade. They give us 14.97 ducats annually. The people here are Sicilian and Catholic.

Parma – Along with Modena and Ferrara, Parma was one of our inheritance provinces. 96227 people work the wine trade here, sending us 19.10 ducats annually.

Rhodes – 32928 fisherman work this island off the shore of the Turkish peninsula. The Greek Orthodox people here create 3.18 ducats, making this the lowest, worst economically province in the entire nation. They were also our second conquest province.

Romagna – 122142 people work the salt trade send us 19.25 ducats annually. They are a core of Aragon even though we nabbed this Catholic Umbrian province from The Papal States.

Tripolitania – How ironic to end our tour with a look at the only non-Christian state. The 44438 Tuareg and Sunni people here work the very lucrative ivory trade. We get 18.91 ducats annually, although over 18 of that is from production, since we have a low tax base here. Tunisia has this a core province even though we took it from Tripoli.

I believe that we are the world’s largest exporter of wine, but this game doesn’t have the stat keeping that EU2 had, so I can’t be sure.

We are the number 2 country by prestige. Number one is Tuscany. Our inflation of 8% in the fourth highest, but we are nowhere near the worst. Mamluks with 15% is the worst. Tunisia is second at 10%.

Tuscany and us are the only countries that have discovered the fourteenth tech in government, which allows the fourth national idea. We’ve gone from very last to very frontal, due to our amazing advisor, who I likely to die soon, unfortunately.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote