View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #583
QuikSand
lolzcat

Preseason Pretend Games

Box Scores:

Week 2: Chesapeake 31, Toronto 0

Week 3: Chesapeake 34, Shreveport 7

We get through our first two games --- nothing too much to report, but the roster pare-down is underway. I am starting to contemplate chemistry issues more seriously than I had previously, and I think we’re going to be able to get things worked out okay here in Chesapeake.

Our final cut-down to 53 is going to be a challenge, but things are taking shape. I can see, for certain, that we have to make a change along the defensive front – but I think Travis Kuykendall might make this team after all. I am looking through the series of afterthought free agent rookies, and if we clear out a guy or two, this could be fairly straightforward. I think TE Leland Odle and RT Will Mason are both going to be fairly easy cuts, and I had been contemplating keeping one or both of them, until I started thinking more seriously. Now, I think I have some clearer thinking about who can be cleared out, and who will have to stay, and where I want us to be when we get to our final 53.

As I’m figuring things, it looks like the cutting will be pretty easy down to 55, and we’ll have two difficult moves to make from there. I am thinking that one of the “three amigos” at backup RB will have to go, and that we’ll probably peel off one defensive back from our current stable of 11 guys.

The regular season is just around the bend, and we’ll be interested how things come together between now and then.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote