View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 PM   #256
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Before I move on, I want to talk about that war and our spoils.

I don’t start wars unless I believe I can win them fairly easily. If it’s close or uncertain, don’t start it.

The Turks are now likely a forever enemy. By that I mean they will probably keep declaring war on us again and again now that we’ve crossed that threshold. You have seen it with the Mamluks and the Aragonians. Can’t recall if the Venetians did it too, but you get the idea.

If I have them as a forever enemy, then my taking sin the first war must cripple my opponent. The Turkish provinces that I have taken have cut deeply into the Ottoman economy. Antalya especially was a very valuable province.

The Mamluks were easy to tame. Take Alexandria and the rest fell. The Ottomans are not so easy. Thrace, their capital, is beter than Venice. They have another COT far away from my armies. They have other provinces of value giving them money, like Anatolia (large and cloth), Alania (a gold province), that COT in Astrakhan, and many very solid provinces like Bulgaria, Aleppo, Mus, Konya, Angora, and Eserum. I hit them, and hirt them economically, but they are not down yet.

The province si took were also good because they bisected the Ottoman territory. On the west side you have Thrace, isolated by land from its more wealthy eastern provinces and many poorer provinces it captured. On the east are the more valuable provinces that allow us to concentrate on them. There is no more land connection, although they can ship soldiers by sea if desired.

In the next war, we will need a greater strategy having increased our surface area significantly with our takings.

Also, because our monarach died and our new one had less diplomacy skill by far, it will take us much longer to dissolve our badboy.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote