View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #83
hoopsguy
General Manager

The Squid has a new walking stick! For the bargain price of 90,821 (have 46K left) I'm able to upgrade my DPS from 39 to 48 with this item:

Smoldering Carved Staff of Thunder (rare)
10-29 Base Lightning Damage (up 5-7)
Speed: Slow
+9% Lightning Damage (down 1%)
2-5 Fire Damage
6 Lightning Damage (down 1)
+1.) Energy Regeneration
Losing out on 18 Life Leech over 3 seconds

I'm pretty excited about making significant gains in both DPS and Combined Armor over the last two levels.

And off to the Parnassus Foothills. Lots of spiders at the outset. The extra damage is pretty apparent, as I'm just mowing stuff down right now. One of the spiders drops a fun little epic item - not really my cup of tea but could go with that shield I found earlier ...

Patroclus' Shortblade
22-26 Damage
10% Piercing
Speed: Fast
15 Reduced Armor for 3 seconds
7% Cold Resistance
8% Energy Leech Resistance
+14 Strength
+18 Dexterity
+14% Attack Speed
Required Strength: 105 (darn)

With the strength requirement I would not be able to use this for a couple of levels. Oh well.

And for my next trick - my first ever Arcane Formula! This is a new addition with the expansion pack, so I've never had these. This is a recipe with three ingrediants - three completed relics. Of course, I have one part of one of the three completed relics, so this will take awhile (Essence of Zeus' Thunderbolt - 1/3, Mechanical Parts - 0/5, Spectral Matter - 0/5). The Pendant isn't bad - +7% Lightning damage will scale along with some other damage and a +4% Speed jump. But I've got a ton of work to get to the point where I can build it.

And shortly thereafter I enter the Parnassus Caves.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote