View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 07:33 PM   #93
hoopsguy
General Manager

As I work my way across Parnassus I encounter our newest teleportation location - right across from an enterprising Satyr who is hawking goods! He is not much of a conversationalist, but he does have a reasonable selection.

I hope he didn't have strong feelings for the dozens of Satyr's in camps behind him, as they were mowed down by our troop. We cross a bridge and find a massive, massive war camp - there are just a slew of camps holding different types of creatures here.

It starts off with Satyrs again - in bigger packs, with more Ravagers and Shamans. Doesn't really slow us down, although I have to dip into my stock of 40+ healing potions every now and again. From there, we find a cave loaded up with demons, including a couple of Limos - they don't mob, so we take each one out from range before it can close and start sucking away life.

After that, it is a mixture of demons and undead. They swarm and force a momentary retreat, but we push through them after imbibing potions and summoning replacement pets. The reward? The third and final piece for the Essence of the Valor of Achilles.

5 Damage
+12% Attack Speed
33% Slower Attack for 3 seconds
Can enchant all weapons

This is a really nice relic! Increased attack speed translates directly to DPS, and slowing down opponents I hit is just a super added bonus. I think I'll add it to my staff right away and detach it when (not if) I find a better weapon.

Wow, DPS jumps up by 10 points! Or by 20%, depending on how you measure.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote