View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 09:31 PM   #124
hoopsguy
General Manager

We rescue the Head Librarian near the entrance from a pair of Jackalmen. The monsters are ripping through the library and burning texts. He is hoping we can stop them.

We faced our first tough encounter in Egypt, as a Tigerman Champion came after me when I was short on health. It was close mostly because of poor play rather than being a terribly tough challenge, but that still qualifies as noteworthy compared to the other stuff we found in the library.

Soon after that we face Shades for the first time. These creatures product Spectral Matter, another component for the arcane formula. Unfortunately, none of them release it upon their death.

Something I forgot to mention earlier: the inventory expanded by 50% upon moving to Egypt. I'm enjoying the benefits of this as I don't have to port out to sell items for quite awhile as I work through the archives. Also, the cap for item selling cost has gone up - I've had a few items priced at over 10K. Haven't found out what the cap is yet ...

We clear out the Archives and move down a level to the Vault. Here we find scarabs, including a large nasty one that throws a poison bomb at us. Behind them is a "Mysterious Door". This usually means trouble ...

In this case it is Scarabaerus the Desert King, who shows up as a tougher foe than either the Minotaur Lord or the Telkine, according to my character sheet. He was challenging, as he lobs a poison that slowed and really hurt along with summoning a pack of scarabs to run us down. I had to go through about 8 potions and a few pets to finish him off. That was accomplished by drawing his fire while the pets attacked, and then pounding him from range when he turned to face the pets. His poison attack was pretty slow, so easy enough to dodge when I wasn't stubborn about forcing my own assault.

Here is a nice little trinket.
Electrum Charm (epic)
10% Pierce Resistance
10% Elemental Resistance
10% Poison Resistance
10% chance of 57 Reduced Resistance for 4 seconds

I am still a sucker for my Beastcaller stuff. But this will definitely stick around in the event that I'm finding creatures who are causing resistance issues for me later.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote