View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #49
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
If you think you're going to be getting the old Pedro back when he comes back, you're going to be setting yourself up for heartbreak.

He'll be good, and he'll win his share of games, but 3.50-4.00 sounds more realistic than 2.00-2.50 to me in terms of his ERA.

Nowhere in that did I say that he was going to be the Pedro of Expos/early Sox days. When I said full-strength, I meant that it will be like he's coming out of spring training, and by starting later in the season he won't break down by August. Your description is exactly what I'm expecting...and yes, that will be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I really don't think Pedro comes back at all, or if he does, it's 1-2 starts before he shuts it down. An early demise has been predicted for him for a long time now, just like for his brother.

He's not exactly known for his timely return from injuries. He'll milk it until early September, and then bitch when the NYC media puts the heat on him.

He's a month ahead of schedule already, so his return has been moved up from August to July. Again, not worried. Feel free to bump this post in August though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
One of your starters is a reject from the Pirates and you aren't worried?

This statement by itself should be why I'm not worried. No, it doesn't concern me that an organization like the Pirates took a guy who throws 98 mph and tried turning him into a finesse pitcher. Plus, one of their last rejects was Jason Schmidt. He turned out okay.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote