View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #299
Logan
Head Coach

Thought I'd post this in case anyone was interested...

I've toyed with picking up The Wire DVDs for a long time. Even though they're frequently available On Demand, since it's basically my favorite show ever it would be nice to have the DVDs. HBO's sets are always pretty expensive, and I never ended up pulling the trigger on any of the seasons. Occasionally the 1st season is available at a decent price, but S2 and S3 are usually well in excess of $50 each.

Warner Bros is having a sale that includes the DVDs. Click the link and type "wire" into the search box. You can buy Seasons 1-3 for just under $140. As you go through the order, you can input the coupon code "WBNEWS" and hit apply, and you will receive 20% off. Then you can input "USD" for an additional 10% off (28% total), and with free shipping for orders over $60 (tax may apply in some states like mine), your order will be just over $100 (mine came to $107.81). That's a steal for these 3 seasons.

Or if you want to be even more creative...order just Seasons 2 & 3 from that site. With the coupons, it will be $69.05 if tax doesn't apply. You can then go to bestbuy.com and get Season 1, which is currently on sale for $24.99. If you're taxed at 7% like me, you'll save yourself about $7-10 if you want to go through a bit of an extra hassle.

Enjoy.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote