View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #80
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Just a month after denying reports that he would accept the job with the New York Rens of the American League, Virginia Giants GM Tristan Schofield announced late today, after leaving the Continental Fall League's Under 25 World Series, that he would be accepting the job in New York with the Rens.

"It's a great fit for me at this point in my career. It's no doubt a rebuilding job, but they have a great core of players that I'm really looking forward to working with. It would do my heart a lot of good, having won a World Series now, to build a perennial winner in Harlem," said Schofield in an interview with the New York Sun.

Giants officials said they heard the news late last week and had no comment.

Meanwhile in New York, Rens management were ecstatic at the move as the club prepares to celebrate it's fifth anniversary in 2012. The team finished 70-84 last season, 10 GB in the American League East.

"We're really thrilled to have a proven winner in Tristan [Schofield] joining the Renaissance organization. We're delighted that he's accepted our offer to become our new President of Baseball Operations and we're looking forward to putting a winner on field next year and in years to come," said Team owner and Harlem native Colin Powell.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-06-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote