View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #17
molson
General Manager

News

-The AWA has made some type of offer to David Von Erich. I'm hopeful he'll stay loyal to me and just work AWA when he doesn't have a booking but they are a bigger promotion. I won't panic just yet, but AWA seems to be looking for some main-event level faces to replace Hogan.

-Piper and Ventura have left Mid-Atlantic and AWA, respectively, to focus on their WWF careers. Hopefully Hayes isn't next.

-Bob Backlund was willing to talk with me, but Fritz Von Erich put a prohibitive cap on what I could offer him, and offer wasn't big enough to tempt Bob.

-After the offer to David, Kerry seemed to have all the leverage in our talks. We extended him to 9 months total, at $1,500 a show (a raise from $1,000), and a $775 downside monthly guarantee. Magic Dragon wanted a $150 raise from $500 to extend his contract, which is up in about 3 months, but I won't bite.

-So far for the month, we're up $66,000. That includes only worker/show costs v. ticket revenue, I have no idea how things will look at the end of the month when other expenses/revenue is included.

Last edited by molson : 04-24-2007 at 09:42 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote