View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #422
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

If the punishment vote ends in Mercy, another spell is placed on the player, the Circle of Sleep. This magical cirle will prevent them from taking any night actions that night (including Shadow attempts,) or being targeted by any night actions other than Search, Steal, or Dose.

For anyone having as difficult time as Path in understanding why Chief's idea is bad, here it is again for you. We absolutely have to try for a shadow player every day. Voting for people we assume are good only does three things 1) Confirm they are good (Good for us), 2) Remove their magical role (Bad for us), 3) Bring the shadow one step closer to reaching their goal for victory.

I've pushed the entire game that punishment should be our default vote, however you all are voting punishment waaaaay too early. I've said all along, we should be picking 1-2 people each day whom we think are the most likely shadow players at that point and putting pressure on them with the vote as the threat to speak up more, to find out what they do bring to the table and see if they make any misteps or mistakes. Worst case scenerio, they end up being an important role, we choose to give them mercy, and they are protected from conversion that night, and our other roles who can protect will have to decide when or where to use their role to try to protect them through the remainder of the game.

Instead everyone is just throwing out names for the most part (not even talking about just the votes for me), just throwing out punishment without using it as a tool to try to make an educated decision, and pretty much trying to help the shadow win.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote