View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Role Reveals and Winning the Game as Villagers

So it seems to me that the werewolf dynamic, generally speaking is this:
Villagers get numbers
Wolves get information and coordination

With-in this dynamic with games where there are many roles, and those roles are public, I don't understand why mass role reveals aren't the norm. Forming a COT is, I think, the way the villagers win the game. The last two games prove this perfectly:
In the Ancient Rome game the wolves were able to disrupt any COT from ever effectively forming and won the game
In this latest game the villagers were able to use a COT to identify potential bad guys and narrow in on Wednesday, after some previously good luck.

Anyhow, it seems to me that the reason we were able to form this COT was because of all the roles we had revealed and the verification we were able to do. Essentially it seems like the mass reveals I advocated was followed even though I received a great deal of scorn for it on Day 1. As was noted in that game I advocate this policy regularly, and am regularly told I'm wrong.

So why is this? Is this just a case of where what is good collectively may be harmful individually and thus make people disinclined to do it? I'm really curious about what people think about this topic.

Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote