View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Help Me Find my Vacation Spot!

Hello All! Me and a ladyfriend are looking to go away on a vacation, leaving June 3 and returning on the 11th. In order to help us decide on where we want to go, she is preparing a list of 10 destinations that she would like to go to, while I am doing the same for me. Then on Tuesday evening we will meet and make a decision.

The criteria: Using Travelocity, find a combined hotel/air package under $1750 per person. I need to create a list of 10 places. Flights depart from DTW airport code.

My own personal biases:

I like places that have history - monuments, museums, ruins, architecture, etc. That means most of my places are going to be old world (although they do not have to be).

We both speak French, although her more than me (She's been an interpreter) Preferences on places where I can communicate in English, and failing that, at least French.

I went with her to London 18 months ago and it was a blast (my first international journey). Now I want to go farther afield.

Here are my current top choices:

1. Odessa
2. Prague
3. Istanbul
4. Manila
5. Florence
6. Venice

So, here is what I need from you folks.

A). Any places in the old world that I might not think about that'd be a great place to visit? Under 1750 per person using travelocity for thos edates departing from DTW?

B). What about those three places? Is there enough English to get by? Or French if not English?

Help is appreciated!!!!!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-07-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote