View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 05:29 PM   #36
SnDvls
Pro Starter

WCW Monday Night Nitro
Monday, Week 2, December 1997
Thompson-Boling Arena, TN

Pre-show Dark Match

The Headshrinkers debut (Fatu & Ekmo w/ Rick Rude) and attack Public Enemy (E) Then Rude goes on to hype his new arrivals and how they will change the tag team scene in WCW (C).

-Perry Saturn defeated Rick Martel to retain the WCW TV Title (D+)

-Eric Bishoff came out and announced that Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko will be fighting Harlem Heat in a best of five series with the winning team getting a shot at the Tag Team Titles. (C+)

-A video is shown of the soon to be debuting direct from the WWF...Bret Hart!!! (B-)

-Davey Boy Smith & Jim Neidhart defeated Hammer & Sick Boy (D+)

-Roddy Roddy Piper was out talking about teaching someone a lesson when Jerry Saggs came out to fight him. (C+) Leading to Piper defeating Saggs (C+)

-Randy Savage burst into Eric Bishoff's office complaining about Bret Hart coming to WCW (B+)

-Buff Bagwell defeated Jim Duggan (C) after the match Buff posed down in the ring and challenged the whole WCW roster to a fight (C+)

-Benoit & Malenko defeated Harlem Heat (B-)

-A recap of last week's attack by Nash on DDP is shown (B+) leading to the main event. Kevin Nash defeated Diamond Dallas Page (A*)

Show Rating: (B)

Show Thoughts

Two B rated shows in a row, but both have slightly hurt me in the areas I'm running in I need to step it up to stay ahead of the WWF.

I started a series w/ Harlem Heat & Benoit/Malenko to go along with my current one of Hogan/Sting and Nash/DDP. Also started a small Hart/Savage storyline and began a Bagwell/Luger one as well. Final storyline that was started was one w/ Goldberg/Hennig that was started with Piper and The Nasty Boys to pick up steam next week.

Last edited by SnDvls : 05-15-2007 at 06:48 PM.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote