View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #49
SnDvls
Pro Starter

WCW Monday Night Nitro
Monday, Week 3, December 1997
Tacoma Dome, WA

-Pre-show Dark Match
The Headshrinkers defeated Public Enemy (E)

-Pre-show Dark Match
Yoshihiro Tajiri defeated La Parka (D)

-Pre-show Dark Match
Lance Storm defeated Mortis (D)

-Eddie Guerrero defeated Alex Wright, Billy Kidman & Rey Mystero Jr retaining the WCW Cruiserweight Title (C)

-We cut to the back where The Nasty Boys have attacked Roddy Piper and left him lying on the ground. (C)

-Lex Luger defeated Buff Bagwell (C+)

-The Steiner Brothers defeated The Faces of Fear to reatin the WCW Tag Team Titles (C-)

-Benoit & Malenko defeated Harlem Heat (C+) to go up 2-0 in their best of five series.

-Diamond Dallas Page defeated Scott Hall (A)

-It was announced that Bret Hart would be making his in ring debut tonight taking on Randy Savage (B+)

-Bret Hart defeated Randy Savage (C+)
These two just didn't click, but this was the last in their storyline so it's okay and I'm glad it's over.

-Sting is making his way to the ring (B+) to take on Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

-Sting defeated Hogan by DQ (B+) After the match Sting celebrated in the ring (B+) and it was soon announced that Sting was the new #1 contender for the WCW World Heavyweight Title (B+)

Show Rating: C

Show Thoughts

My worst show thus far. I had booked Kaz Hayashi to take part in the 4-way, but he doesn't debut yet so I had to put in Alex Wright and that disappointed some fans, also they expected to see more angles this time which I skimped on...I guess I'll learn.

Luger & Bagwell pull off a C+ match, but I expect more from two vets and upper card wrestlers. I can only hope it gets better as they have a long way to go in their storyline.

Page and Hall pulled off the best match of the night and they were a ways down on the card...I'll have to remember that for the future though...if Hall keeps showing up

Hart & Savage weren't a good paring at all I'll have to see what Hart can do with some of my other workers and Savage might just be a worker without a spot for me for a while
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote