View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #90
SnDvls
Pro Starter

WCW / nWo Souled Out
Sunday, Week 4, January 1998
Safeco Field, WA

Pre Show Dark Match
Alex Wright defeated Ray Mystero Jr (C-)

Pre Show Dark Match
Bubba Ray Dudley defeated Louie Spicolli (D-)

Ric Flair, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko defeated Fatu, Ekmo & Kimo (C-)
**I'm happy the three good workers carried this match and made it very decent.

A video recap of the Sting vs Hogan feud (A)

Ultimo Dragon defeated Kaz Hayashi for the WCW Cruiserweight Title (B-)
**I've got a few good cruiserweights so I may start an unconnected story line with them now.

A camera is in the back catching the limo of nWo members Hogan, Nash & Hall arriving (B+)

Bret Hart defeated Disco Inferno (C+)

A video recap of how Harlem Heat earned a title shot and of The Outsiders as champions (B+)

Buff Bagwell bursts into Eric Bishoff's office and demands a match against Lex Luger tonight. After some discussion and arguments he is granted his wish (B-)

Curt Hennig defeated Davey Boy Smith to retain the WCW United States Title (B)

Hogan does an interview back stage promissing Sting that tonight in the cage he will win and Sting will be finished. (A*)

Lex Luger defeated Buff Bagwell (C-)

Flair, Benoit & Malenko along with Arn Anderson decide it's time to reform the Horsemen and battle the nWo. (C+)

The Outsiders defeated Harlem Heat to retain the WCW Tag Team Titles (B-)

Sting responds to Hogan's threat (A) then heads towards the ring (B+)

Sting defeated Hogan in a cage match to win the WCW World Heavyweight Title (A*) After the match Sting goes into the crowd to celebrate with the fans (B+) As the card comes to a close ref Nick Patrick sees a foreign object in the ring. (E)
**I believe this is my first A* match and it's at the peak of the Sting/Hogan feud so I'm very happy with the results. Suprisingly Hogan didn't use his creative control clause to veto a Sting win here. I'm not happy with the last segment, but what can you do it's scripted into the storyline.

Lance Storm defeated Eddie Guerrero to retain the WCW TV Title (C-)
***oops...this was supposed to be earlier on in the card and I missed it..I think this hurt my next rating some.

Show Rating: C+

Show Thoughts
A C+ ??!!??!! my oops might have cost me a B on this one.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote