MAIN EVENTERS

Adrian Adonis
Michael Hayes
Super Destroyer
Terry Gordy
Manny Fernandez
David Von Erich
Kerry Von Erich

-Same group as last month, with the addition of Super Destroyer, who's only around for 3 appearances. I have thoughts again of demoting Kerry and Hayes, but there's no obvious names to step up, and neither guy has really gotten a "main event push" to this point.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

The Sheepherders
Kevin Von Erich
Buddy Jack Roberts
The Great Kabuki
Jim Garvin

-The Sheepherders haven't been overly impressive yet, but I'll continue to push them - they have the talent, they just aren't well known around Texas or the midwest yet. I've already seen modest popularity increases in the midwest for them. The Great Kabuki moves up this month - with Magic Dragon injured, it's the perfect chance for him to show me what he can do. Kabuki's cage match with Manny at the June Star Wars event was very good, they'll probably have a series of matches this month.

MIDCARDERS

Chris Adams
Ken Mantel
Brian Adias
Iceman Parsons
King Kong Bundy
Scott Casey

-The new addition here is Brian Adias - this is quite a bit higher than he should be if I was looking at just talent, but he has shown a whole letter grade improvement already in midwest popularity. His matches have been getting better as well. Iceman & Adams are still the two guys to watch here. Bundy's as likely to move down as he is to move up. Mantel will be here at least for the next 6 months while he's under his $1,000/month written contract. If I use him in all 9 shows in a month, he's a huge bargain at $111/show.

-LOWER MIDCARDERS

Magic Dragon
Koko B Ware
Bobby Eaton
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich

-Mike is still on the verge of the midcard, I'd just like to see his popularity increase a little more. Koko and Eaton are in the beginning of a long-term tag team run - whoever develops better over the next year or so will get the big singles push.

OPENERS

Super Kendo
The Villanos

-Kendo is now 0-10 for me, but he's a pretty consistent C- match guy (and then there was that B- shocker with David). He's already gone from F- to F+ in midwest popularity, so he may only be 6 months or so away from being an actual player on the roster. The Villanos have shown similar modest increases. Hopefully, Gory Guerrero will give them some kind of boost.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Barry Orton
Johnny Mantel

-Both of these guys have shown modest popularity improvements in the midwest and Texas, which isn't surprising considering they're used on almost every show.

OCCASIONAL WRESTLER

Checkmate

-I'm using him more than "occasionally", as him and Frank Dusek make a pretty good lower-midcard heel turn. He'll probably be around until the end of his contract in five months

OTHERS

Precious (Valet)
Sunshine (Valet)
Skandor Akbar (Manager)
Gary Hart (Manager)
Gory Guerrero (Manager)
Bill Mercer (Announcer)
Harry Frehley (Color Commentator)
Marc Lowrance (Color Commentator)
Whipper Billy Watson (Authority Figure)
David Manning (Referee)
Bronco Lubich (Road Agent)
Waldo Von Erich (Personality)
Fritz Von Erich (Personality)

-Fritz' injury will have a pretty miraculous turnaround - he'll be back on TV soon. He'll have one more "run" in the ring and then he'll kick Whipper Billy Watson to a road agent role.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS - AUGUST 1983

Wrestlers who consider other companies their priority, and their potential unavailability dates:

-Buddy Jack Roberts (AWA; Wed, Fri, last Tuesday)
-Gary Hart (MACW; Wed, Fri, last Sunday)
-Gory Guerrero (CMLL; Thursday)
-Magic Dragon (MACW; Wed, Fri, last Sunday)
-Michael Hayes (WWF; Sun, Thu)
-The Great Kabuki (MACW: Wed, Fri, last Sunday)

The only conflict is Buddy Roberts and our last TV taping of the month.

Last edited by molson : 05-20-2007 at 07:06 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote