View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #229
SnDvls
Pro Starter

WCW Spring Stampede
Sunday, Week 4, April 1998
Charlotte Coliseum, NC

Dark Match
Alex Wright defeated Yoshihiro Tajiri (D)

Dark Match
Rey Mystero Jr. defeated Tiger Mask IV (D+)

Raven gives an interview about his match with Davey Boy Smith (C-)

Davey Boy Smith then does the same (D+)

Raven defeated Davey Boy Smith (C-) after the match Raven again celebrates over the fallen Bulldog (D)

Bill Goldberg defeated Buff Bagwell (B-)

The Nasty Boys defeated Jannetty & Gibson to make their 4th WCW Tag Team Title defense (C-)

Eddie Guerrero defeated Chris Jericho with a handful of tights (B-)
After the match Chris Jericho complains to the ref about what happened and challenges Eddie to another match. (D+)

Konnan defeated La Parka for his 2nd defense of the WCW US Title (B-)

Shawn Michaels is interviews backstage by Gene Okerlund about his cage match tonight against Sting (B)

Curt Hennig and Chris Benoit fought to a double count out (B)

Sting is interviewed by Gene Okerlund about his match with Michaels tonight and about special ref Shane McMahan (B+)

Ric Flair defeated Randy Savage (A)

Bret Hart defeated Genichiro Tenryu (B)

Scott Hall & Hulk Hogan defeated DDP & The Giant (B-) when The Giant turned on Page allowing Hall to cover him for the pin. After the match all three men continued to beat down Page (A*)

Shawn Michaels defeated Sting to win the WCW World Heavyweight Title by escaping the cage after Bret Hart blocked Sting from exiting through the door and took him out of the match (A) After the match Bret continued his assualt on Sting leaving him a bloddy mess to end the PPV (A)

Show Rating B+

Show Thoughts

Solid show all the way through. All my matches were C- or better and I expected 3 of them to be worse than that so I'm very happy with the results.

Had a big swerve in The Giant turning so he can start his major push and Sting dropped the title to Michaels (fufills his contract of a Main Event Title run too) with some help from Bret Hart...I think you will all like where this ends up.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote