View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #235
SnDvls
Pro Starter

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday, Week 1, May 1998
Coors Event Center, CO

Dark Match
Davey Boy Smith & Jim Neidhart defeated The Head Shrinkers (D)

Dark Match
Bubba Ray Dudley defeated Lodi (D)

Eric Bishoff makes his way down to the ring and announces that tonight we'll see Hulk Hogan take on Ric Flair (B)

The Nasty Boys defeated DDP & Davey Boy Smith after interference by The Giant to retain the WCW Tag Team Titles (C)

Eddie Guerrero says he won't fight Jericho again as he beat him fair and square and Jericho is just a sore loser (D+)

Booker T is shown backstage talking to....himself. It seems the attack by Bagwell & Savage the last few weeks have really effected him. (C)

Randy Savage defeated Rick Steiner (B-)
After the match Savage taunts Booker T from the ring (A)

Chris Jericho is backstage with Eric Bishoff and he asks the man in charge for a match vs Eddie Guerrero, Bishoff agrees for another match next week on Nitro(D+)

Hulk Hogan defeated Ric Flair after using a foreign object (A*)

Jimmy Hart directs his new client The Giant to attack Roddy Piper backstage (D+)

Bret Hard defeated Sting, Curt Hennig & Chris Benoit in a ladder match to gain a shot at the WCW World Title at the next PPV Slamboree (A)

Show Rating: B

Show Thoughts
I guess Benoit was used too much, but whatever. I want him moved up and this was a good chance for him with Bret, Sting & Curt in the main event even if he had no chance to win.

My tag team scene is so week it's sad. I've asked my road agents to look at some workers at house shows and really haven't gotten any good feedback on them. I'm also looking to trim some fat again and releasing some workers whom just aren't working out right now.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote