View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #26
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Roadwars Wednesday Week 3, Janaury 1998

Cone Fieldhouse - Portland, OR Attendance: 785

Jado and Gedo defeated Donovan Morgan and Christian Cage in 10:18
when Jado defeated Christian Cage by pinfall with a Backdrop Suplex.
Rating: E+

A Video Recap of the post match brawl involving Ricky Steamboat, Mike Awesome, Tatanka, Steve Williams, CW Anderson and Dick Slater is shown.
Rating: F+

Down and Dirty (Williams and Slater) have an interview in which they taunt Steamboat and Awesome, comparing big Mike to a Caveman.
Rating: E-

Ace Steel defeated Joe E. Legend in 5:21 by pinfall with a Steel Spike.

Scott Hudson addresses the crowd and lets them know that Hayabusa suffered a serious injury last Friday at the hands of Christopher Daniels and will be sidelined for an unknown amount of time.
Rating: F

Kid Kash comes out to the podium and blasts Daniels and Kash for setting Hayabusa up. “Y’all are fixing to get some good old fashioned Trailer Park justice!!” Drawls Kash.
Rating: F- (Way to work the Crowd Kid)

Tatanka defeated C.W. Anderson in 6:32 by pinfall with an Indian Death Drop. During the match we also had Robert Fuller run in and attack Tatanka, who fought the Stud Stable Manager off easily.

Ricky Steamboat comes out to address the upcoming tag team bout between He and Awesome versus Down and Dirty. Steamboat is confident as he promises to “Lead my young protégé to victory the right and honorable way”
Rating: F+

Super Crazy defeated Stevie Richards in 13:38 by pinfall with a Crazy Bomb. Super Crazy wins the AWA Cruiserweight Title.
Rating: D-

Christopher Daniels is laughing about hurting Hayabusa, when suddenly Kid Kash sneaks up and lays the Fallen Angel out cold.
Rating: F-

Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome defeated Down and Dirty in 11:58 when Dick Slater was disqualified for using Brass Knuckles on Steamboat. After the Match Awesome checks on Steamboat, but leaves him still groggy in the Ring as the Show ends.
Rating: E-

Final Rating: E-

Thoughts: The definite highlight was Super Crazy’s victory over Richards for the Cruiser strap, in a pretty good Match. I will rely on Crazy to defend this Title when Kash is not available to work, due to his ECW commitments. It looks like I can’t get Awesome over with a Forklift, so I will have to evaluate his worth to us when his current Storyline runs it’s course.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote