View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #24
Swaggs
Coordinator

For me, personally, the problem is/was pretty much threefold.

1. As much as I hated to let things get to me, it got a little too heated when certain folks (mostly just one person) played, to the point that I got disgusted with myself for getting so annoyed with a game.

2. A lot of times, the games were getting way too complicated for me. I have rarely taken notes or used a spreadsheet when playing, so the very complex games were getting less enjoyable for me and become more like work to follow. I enjoy the mystery/detective part of werewolf, the human factors (players slipping up, getting anxious, playing it cool, pulling off a surprise, etc.), and the story revealing itself as the game goes on, much more than the elaborate dynamics that a lot of the complex games have. I think it is a great testament, to the skill level of our players and GMs, that folks were able to develop such deep games, but it got intimidating for me (I've played in probably 15-20 games, so I'd consider myself fairly grizzled), so I'm sure some of the complext games were just too hard to play for beginners.

3. The biggest factor for me is that I spend a good bit less time on the computer during the Summer due to the weather, extra work around the yard/house, and travel. I think this is probably the biggest factor for most players.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote