View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 12:54 AM   #29
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Road Wars Wednesday Week 4 January 1998

Agora Theater - Cleveland, OH Attendance: 769

The video board shows the parking lot, where a brutal attack by Shane Douglas on Frankie Kazarian is caught on film. Coincidentally, Douglas is scheduled to Wrestle Kazarian tonight.
Rating: F

Christian Cage defeated Joe E. Legend in 6:38 by pinfall with an Inverted DDT.
Rating: E -

Christopher Daniels, livid at being attacked last week by Kid Kash, comes to the Ring and challenges him to a dog collar match. “You’re nothing but a Junkyard Mongrel Boy; you should be right at Home while I whip your hide with this Chain"

Kid Kash appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Christopher Daniels, “Cause every Dog has his day and this Dog will bite you in the Ass”
Rating: F +

Steve Corino comes out with his clients, Daniels and Modest. All three begin to mercilessly taunt Kid Kash. “Hi I’m an illiterate Redneck from a Trailer Park…..you got a pretty Mouth for a City Boy” needles Corino, as his cronies laugh…

Shane Douglas defeated Frankie Kazarian, still in poor shape from the Parking lot “accident” in 6:07 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex.
Rating: E+

Kid Kash bumps into Daniels backstage. A long stare down ensues as Kash promises to destroy the Cocky Daniels later.

Missy Hyatt is questioned backstage by Scott Hudson about how she thinks Daniels will do against Kash. “Look at me Scotty…….how would you do knowing I would be waiting afterwards?” Hudson advises Hyatt he has just eaten and can’t answer that right now.
Rating: F+

Super Crazy defeated Stevie Richards in 12:39 by pinfall with a Crazy Bomb. Super Crazy makes defense number 2 of his AWA Cruiserweight Title.
Rating: D-

Ricky Steamboat is backstage teaching his student Mike Awesome a few wrestling moves and ideas. Awesome seems annoyed, but goes through the motions anyway
Rating: E+

Ricky Steamboat and Mike Awesome are seen arguing backstage. “Rick, I know how to Wrestle, I don’t need you to tell me what to do, just watch my damn back!!” Steamboat seems surprised by the terse reaction of his protégé.
Rating: F+

Christopher Daniels defeated Kid Kash in a Dog Collar match in 15:25 by pinfall when Missy Hyatt slipped him a Key to the Collar, allowing him tie Kash to a Ring Post and brutalize him.
Rating: E

Having picked up the victory, Christopher Daniels celebrates with Missy in the in the Ring, as Parents everywhere cover their Children’s Eyes.

Final Rating: E

Thoughts: A rather weak show in my opinion as the heat has really faded on the Down Boys/Suicide Machines Feud. Super Crazy would have been a better opponent for Daniels, plus the Cruiserweight Belt could have been put up as well…Lesson learned.

A dip in attendance after a 3 show climb is frustrating, we need to get on TV bad and I will be flooding Stations with requests soon.

Kid Kash suffered a broken Hand in the Dog Collar Match, he will work through it.

With Workers out, TV negotiations pending and the need to rest some of the Boys, I cancel Fridays show, hopefully the hit is not too big.

We also move our Wednesday Show to Tuesday and rename it Tuesday Terrors to better space out the Schedule and give our Workers an extra day of rest between Shows.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-11-2007 at 01:08 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote