View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #293
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
The music did heighten the tension, but it was with a power-ballad that most roll their eyes at upon hearing now. I think the music choice would be akin to hearing "Welcome to the Jungle" during a wedding scene. It has the rising action you're looking for, but it casts such an odd light on the scenario that it just works, and is so not cliche that it feels very fresh.

I watched the clip someone posted above, and the funny thing about the music is that I had the exact opposite reaction to it that you did. I bet he had this whole thing planned out years ago, down to the music, because before the White Sox hijacked this song, it was one of those guilty pleasure-type songs, but since 2005, that song has been everywhere and is far more acceptable to listen to. So when I heard it during the clip, I actually thought it was almost cliche how late to the party he was for using it. Someone got there first, and instead of coming off like Tarantino using Jungle Boogie, it smacked of bad timing.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote