View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #298
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I watched the clip someone posted above, and the funny thing about the music is that I had the exact opposite reaction to it that you did. I bet he had this whole thing planned out years ago, down to the music, because before the White Sox hijacked this song, it was one of those guilty pleasure-type songs, but since 2005, that song has been everywhere and is far more acceptable to listen to. So when I heard it during the clip, I actually thought it was almost cliche how late to the party he was for using it. Someone got there first, and instead of coming off like Tarantino using Jungle Boogie, it smacked of bad timing.

I don't think they were going for that kind of musical effect at all. They use so many songs each show that i don't believe they're ever going for the "wow" factor. Not to mention I can say I haven't personnally heard this song any more or any less over the course of the last 15 years. Like most people in america, i have no idea about your White Sox reference, but the song has always been in roughly the same level of rotation on radio for as long as I can remember.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote