View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #32
BYU 14
Coordinator

AWA Tuesday Terrors: Tuesday Week 2 February 1998

Utah State Fairgrounds - Salt Lake City, UT Attendance: 1000 (Sell-Out)

C.W. Anderson defeated Donovan Morgan in 7:56 by submission after interference from Robert Fuller.
Rating: E-

Scott Hudson advises the crowd that the main event will be a match between The Rock and Roll Express and Down and Dirty for the AWA Tag Team Titles.
Rating: F+

Mike Awesome calls out Ricky Steamboat and apologizes for his actions, saying “The moment was just so emotional, I got carried away.” He thanks Steamboat for all his help and shakes his Hand. As Steamboat turns to leave Awesome attacks him from behind, beating him mercilessly. After what seems an eternity, Steamboat is left bloodied, and unconscious.

Tatanka defeated Johnny Swinger in 4:55 by pinfall with an Indian Death Drop.
Rating: E

Adam Copeland talks about his upcoming singles match with Rhino, promising to knock some smarts into the Man Beast.
Rating: F

Rhino comes out and tells Copeland the only knocking he will be hearing will be on his Hospital door…..with that the Bell rings and we have a Match.
Rating: F

Adam Copeland defeated Rhino in 10:35 by pinfall with a Leaping DDT, after Rhino missed a Gore through a Table. Rhino is livid as a smiling Copeland escapes into the crowd as Rhino grabs a Chair.
Rating: E+

The lights go out and when they come back on, ECW’s Sandman stands in the entryway with a Beer and a Mic!! He challenges Shane Douglas to a match. “Douglas, you ran from ECW like a Bitch, then come here and beat on a bunch of Jobbers. Well I ain’t done with you, so if you have any Balls, face me tonight and get ready to be taken….to the extreme!!!”

A voice says “Consider yourself taken” and as Sandman turns around Shane Douglas decks him, then sprays him in the Eyes with Hair cream. The effect is instantaneous: The Sandman begins rolling around on the ground unable to see screaming in pain. Douglas then picks him up and drags him to the Ring.

Shane Douglas defeated The Sandman in 9:36 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex. Though he fights bravely, the Sandman is unable to see anything but shadows due to the earlier attack and takes a horrendous beating.

Having picked up the victory, Shane Douglas celebrates in the ring, and goes crazy, running around the ring like a madman, dumping water over himself, and hugging the referee and ring announcer, then mocking the Hardcore Icon to the fans.

The Suicide Machines defeated Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels in 12:21 when they were disqualified after Missy Hyatt ran in and attacked Kid Kash with her Spiked Heels.
Rating: E- (disappointing match as Kash's injury hampered his performance badly)

Highlights of the attack on Ricky Steamboat by Mike Awesome are played on the video board.
F+

Scott Hudson and Mike Awesome are at the podium, discussing Awesome's the attack..
Awesome is still steaming……”I don’t need a Mentor, a Daddy of a Buddy…I have been in this Business long enough to know what I do best and that’s just kicking peoples Ass!!!......And that is all I need to do, because that is just….AWESOME!!!”

The Rock and Roll Express draw with Down and Dirty in 14:44 following a double count out as all four Men brawl into the crowd in a bloody Match. The Rock and Roll Express make defense number 3 of their AWA World Tag Titles.

Overall Rating: E-

Thoughts: A bit of a let down at the top of the Card. With Awesome’s Heel turn complete, he should be able to get over a bit better now and we will do a quick blow-off to the Steamboat feud as Ricky is clearly just a shell of his former self and is not helping Awesome progress. In related News I am negotiating with Awesome’s old nemesis from Japan, Masato Tanaka, hoping they can generate some excitement in a program if he signs.

Dick Slater arrived late and received a verbal warning.

Happy at another Sell-out, hopefully the rating of this Show will not derail momentum gained in the last week.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote