View Single Post
Old 06-07-2003, 07:54 PM   #20
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

I love CART's series, because I like road coarse racing, but they have the most "diverse" schedule with ovals, street circuits and road coarses. Road racing on regular road coarses offer plenty of passing options, with tracks such as Portland, Elkhart Lake, and I am sure their are other "good" circuts. Street Racing offers perheps the most difficult driving of any, where skill is really needed. F1's only street circut, and crown jewel, Monanco, is a very, very hard track. While Passing may be limited, I don't doubt the best driver is the best driver when that races concludes. IRL is actually "coming to life".

Could you see a new open-wheel series form, with 1/3 ovals, 1/3 road coarses and 1/3 street circuits. I think the key is to make sure you pick the right tracks and market them right, (with festivals going on in the city), and also develop a "training ground" for American drivers, such at F1's Formula 3000 series.

Nascar is going to lose that "All-American" appeal as it appears Toyoto is looking to enter the field. They are entering trucks next year.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote