View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 10:05 PM   #297
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Backlund and Villano III report exhaustion after the last show.

-It turns out AJPW had a big tag team tournament the night of my TV taping, which is why Brody and Funk weren't available. I don't see any other conflicts for the rest of the month.

-Villano III has signed with New Japan. He still considers us his priority company over both NJPW and UWA, but his fatigue issues have just increased.

-Our TV Show delivers a 0.53 rating. That seems low, but we are on at midnight. I don't have a sense of what our carrier is expecting in terms of TV ratings, so we'll just try to improve.

-I requested negotiations with a number of wrestlers, specifically the guys who's contracts are expiring this month: Brian Adias is resigned for another 9 months at $450/show. That's still a bargain, but quite a raise from his old $100/show deal. Frank Dusek is re-signed for another 9 months for a more modest raise - $524/show v. his old $400/show deal. Marc Lowrence also gets a new deal with a raise, at $1,425/show, extending his old deal of $900/show

-I talk to Kamala's manger, "Friday", but he doesn't bring much to the table, and wants $700/show, which I turn down. He would only be worth it at a dirt-low price. I also talk to retired Mexican Star Enrique Torres as a potential new manager for Villano III, but he wants WAY too much money (even more than Gory was making), so he's turned down as well.

-I then do sign an potential 3rd heel manager, old friend Arman Hussein, who returns to WCCW at $1,250 show. He'll probably manage the lower heel guys, while Hart & Akbar compete for the top guys. I also bring in Boris Malenko, who is fairly expensive, (about $2k/show), but he brings much more to the table than Gory Guerrero in terms of Charisma, mic skills, and popularity in American. I'm not sure he'll stick with us, but he's an option for now. I also consider Killer Kowalski for a heel manager role, but he wants a little too much money, and is mainly known in the northeast, outside of our southern stronghold.

-Gary Hart is re-signed for a bargain $950/show. As is Iceman Parsons for $850/show (a raise from his current $500/show, but still a pretty good deal). $3200

-Finally, Bruiser Brody is willing to sign another 3-month deal with us, at a very pricey $3,400 show, and 10% of his merchandise sale. That's a modest raise over his current. $3,200/show. He hasn't been worth the money yet, but hopefully I can have a few completely healthy months with him.

-Roddy Piper has officially left the WWF, and he works for us exclusively. I made him the offer in the first place because of his falling out with the WWF - he should see a heavy workload from us going forward. Meanwhile, the WWF has made offers to David and Kerry, but I'm confident those offers will be rejected.

-Buddy Roberts has refused negotiations with me for the time being, citing his focus on negotiating an extension with AWA. Roberts' contract is up in 3 weeks, and at this point, I have no idea whether he's willing to re-sign or not. But I've never received that specific email message before regarding a talent, so thing's aren't looking good. He'd be a big loss.

-Florida Championship Wrestling (which may be on it's last legs), as a new Heavyweight Champion - Dusty Rhodes, who ended Kevin Sullivan's 2-month reign. Rhodes is now the holder of both the Florida and NWA Heavyweight Championships.

Last edited by molson : 06-29-2007 at 10:07 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote