View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 12:49 AM   #319
molson
General Manager

ROSTER, END OF DECEMBER, 1983
With 1983 WCCW W/L records (Records include tag team matches and battle royals)

MAIN EVENTERS

Terry Funk (2-0-1)
Michael Hayes (13-19-7)
Roddy Piper (2-0-0)
Bob Backlund (12-5-2)
Bruiser Brody (12-0-1)
David Von Erich (46-8-7)

-Same group as last month.
-Brody and Piper are the two most expensive guys on the roster, and both of them have been something of a disappointment thus far. Obviously, Brody was hindered with an injury for a while, and now, he's not involved in any storylines. He's certainly been pushed (undefeated in 13 matches), but hasn't stood out yet. Whether Piper will fit in WCCW is still a mystery. He's off the charts in the "entertainment" skills, but WCCW is a little more old-fashion in 1984 then WWF was at the same time. Hopefully Piper's Pit will increase his popularity in our key areas.
-Backlund and David has been a great feud, and one that has finally generated an A+ match for us. Backlund's 5 losses and 2 draws thus far have come against David - he's beaten everyone else. 5 of David's 8 losses have come against Backlund. David is still the ultimate bargain at only $1,000/show for the next 3 months, and he'll continue to be the focus of the company for at least that long.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Buddy Roberts (14-24-11)
Kevin Von Erich (29-13-11)
Kerry Von Erich (17-12-6)
Adrian Adonis (20-9-1)
Manny Fernandez (20-11-3)
The Great Kabuki (15-15-4)

-My road agent has told me that The Great Kabuki is getting stale - that type of message refers to face/heel alignment rather than gimmick. Unfortunately, Kabuki can't play a face well, so his run in WCCW may be coming to an end.
-As I stated above, Manny is on thin ice, and might not be with the company by the end of the month. He's had a solid run for us, but with our increasing prestige, they're plenty of guys we can bring in who are more happy to be here.
-The Von Erich family war seems on the verge of exploding. Kerry seems to be the rebel of the family at this point - he had issues with David last spring, and now his mini-feud will Kevin will erupt at the first TV taping of the year on Tuesday. Any full-blow Von Erich heel turn however, will be a very slow burn angle.
-Adonis got the big push against David when he came in, and was sputtering a bit after that, but then wrestled an incredible A+ match at the end of the month. Adonis is at the cusp of the main event - he'd a great fit for us.
-Buddy Roberts is still hanging around the upper midcard, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that he get in the world title picture. He's been incredibly consistent for me, and even had an A+ match with Kevin.
-Speaking off Kevin, I'm starting to get the sense that I've been underrating him a bit, as I wonder whether he deserves a shot with the world title.

MIDCARDERS

Villano III (9-2-5)
Luke Williams (14-11-1)
Tiger Mask (3-2-1)
Koko B. Ware (13-8-4)
King Kong Bundy (12-20-0)
Iceman Parsons (19-13-7)
Jim Garvin (16-19-9)
Butch Miller (14-11-1)
Bobby Eaton (14-10-4)
Buddy Landell (6-3-0)
Chris Adams (27-11-4)

-Obviously, the most exciting part of this group is the pending Tiger Mask/Villano III feud, that I hope propels both guys to the upper midcard or beyond. I've been pretty shocked how well they've both gotten over despite extremely limited popularity in our home area. We may be on the verge of bringing in the Dynamite Kid as well.
-The Adams/Parsons feud has been buzzing along, nothing spectacular, but very solid for a midcard feud. My road agent thinks Adams and Gary Hart have awful chemistry, but I'm not willing to split them up yet, since Hart was basically the premise of this entire feud.
-Bobby Eaton and Koko B. Ware have been very impressive since their debut, much more so than the Sheepherders. With both teams out of the storyline mix for now, they're likely to be facing off a lot. Butch Miller may also be given a few more chances in a singles role.
-Landell has been utterly forgotten most shows, but I hope to work him in more in early 1984. He's a solid all-around guy, and still very young.
-King Kong Bundy, on the other hand, is still largely a mystery. He's been mostly a jobber for the last few months due to his limited wrestling ability, but he has a very imposing presence with excellent stats in Looks, Power, and Menace. He'd still be best in a bodyguard role - perhaps I'll use him as a full-time manager/bodyguard with a top heel. (Like a Diesel to Shawn Michaels circa 1995).

LOWER MIDCARDER

Brian Adias (19-25-2)
Mike Von Erich (20-32-6)
Ricky Morton (7-8-1)
Frank Dusek (11-27-6)

-My road agent actually thinks Mike should be moved up to Midcarder, though I think that's a little premature. I'm still having trouble boosting up his stamina, and he still gets tired after about 6-7 minutes in the ring.
-My Road Agent actually thinks Ricky Morton should be an Upper Midcarder, which explains why Morton's so pissed off right now. Mike's about to leave the Mike/Morton team to get involved in the Roberts/Kevin angle, so Morton may have a chance at a singles push a little higher up. I still see him as a tag team guy though - perhaps Morton/Landell will get a shot together.
-My road agent also thinks Adias is overpushed here, but since he's in the middle of a high-profile angle, I'm giving him a shot. He also apparently has bad chemistry with his current manager, Gary Hart.

OPENER

Super Kendo (0-23-0)
Al Perez (0-15-1)
Barry Orton (5-29-1)
Tommy Rodgers (2-9-0)
Villano IV (0-32-0)

-Going with the advice of my road agent, Al Perez is moved up to Opener, and Villano V is moved down.
-Of this group, it's very difficult to see who has the most potential. They'll keep taking their lumps - hopefully someone will eventually stand out.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Villano V (1-30-0)

-Villano V is the new bottom guy on the totem pole.

OTHERS

Precious
Sunshine
Gary Hart
Boris Malenko
Arman Hussein
skandor Akbar
Bill Mercer
Marc Lowrence
Harry Frehley
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich

-The women of WCCW have clearly faded to the background. Sometimes I forget that Sunshine is still the manager/valet of both Iceman Parsons and David Von Erich.
-I picked up two heel managers last month who still haven't debuted - Arman Hussein and Boris Malenko. They'll both have a chance at managing some lower card guys, to see if we can strike gold in the chemistry department. I'm leaning towards using Hussein with Villano III. Hussein is also a potential candidate to turn face, since he has some past relationship with Gary Hart that could be exploited. If we're able to bring in rookie Nikita Koloff, Malenko may be his manager to start off.
-I haven't thought much about upgrading our road agent situation, but I really should bring another guy in. Lubich has a decent respect rating, but rates only a "C" in psychology, a road agent category which apparently effects match rating.
-Our announcers should also be sweating it out, because i'll be talking with a recently unemployed Lance Russell this week.

Last edited by molson : 07-11-2007 at 12:01 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote