View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #444
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
If I was getting to pick the step-ups for today, here is who I would want going:

Me - highest talent guy from yesterday, as shown in the results
Torgo
Barkeep
KWhit
Jonathan

The other four are guys who (I think) have claimed guys that were not in the movies. If one of them rates ahead of Pedro Cerrano then that would allow me to put the notion of talent being related to movie prominence to bed. However, if Cerrano is once again the focal point in a win then I'll argue very strongly about the importance of the bigger movie characters playing a larger role in wins.

Having this information allows us to much more closely evaluate night actions. It also helps set priorities for the bodyguard and seer - they should start with the people who have the most impact on us winning games, all other things being equal.

I think that's a pretty good idea. But it may not tell us the whole story. Your guy is obviously the strongest of those that stepped it up last night. If you turn out to be the strongest tonight, that doesn't necessarily mean that the player talent is all based on the movie prominence. It might just mean that you happen to be strongest (either by movie tie-in or by random chance).

I kind of think that we'd get a better indication of how roles tie in with talent if it's not you that we lump in with the no-names, but someone else who hasn't been shown to be a high talent player.

However, part of me wants to use all of your 3 step it ups as fast as possible in case you're nigght killed by wolves. So maybe you should go ahead and step it up tonight anyway.

Thoughts?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote