View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #411
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The Chris Adams negotiations pick up again. I go all the way up to $2,100/show. Still no deal. So Chris Adams calls off negotiations again, until tomorrow, which will be the last chance. Right now, I'm leaning towards not making any more offers. Adams is also currently wrestling for two other Cult-sized promotions, New Japan and Georgia, so apparently he feels he has leverage.

-I also negotiate with Jim Garvin, who's contract is up in a few months. He wants approximately $1,540/show a raise from $800/show. Garvin's stature has really fallen in the last 6 months or so, so this seems like an easy opportunity to cut back on our roster, which has needed trimming forever. So I call off negotiations, and will let his contract expire in about 2 weeks. This is also bad news for Garvin's valet Precious, who's contract is up in 41 days. I'll let that run out as well.

-I hate to see two core WCCW guys like Adams and Garvin go, but there's a chance that like Gordy, they'll be back some day. So almost 1 year into the dynasty, with those guys on the way out, I'll be down to 13 wrestlers who were with me when the dynasty started (including Lothario and Gordy, who left and then were brought back). Not surprisingly, more than half of those 13 are either Von Erichs or Freebirds.

-The biggest contract negotiation comes after the next show, when I have talks scheduled with David Von Erich, who's deal is up in a few weeks. I'll pay him whatever he wants (though it would be something if Fritz capped out the offer), I'm just dreading what that amount might be. Currently, he's making a ridiculously low $1,000/show - that makes him our 28th highest paid employee (there's only 21 people making less than him).

-Worker cost inflation has gone up a ton in the last year - it'll be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out going forward.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote