View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #22
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1)

at

Chicago Bears (1-0)

You are looking live...

At one of the most recognizable stadiums in the NFL, Soldier Field. On the shore of Lake Michigan, 42,100 fans have filed in to see their Chicago Bears take on the upset-minded Kansas City Chiefs. Coming to Chicago is always a treat, this stadium, in the shadow of the Sears Tower, holds so much history that it is an honor to walk between the lines. Enough gushing, I'm just trying to avoid the problems at hand. Mutiny might be the key word in the KC locker room, when management went out and tried to sign Ferragamo, this team nearly revolted. Hopefully now that Tony Adams is the #1 guy and Bill Kenney is the solid back-up, things can get back to normal.

That is if normal is having my a$$ handed to me, hey look at that...it is! Put on your big surprise face everyone, #34 Walter Payton won Player of the Game Honors and basically was the Bears offense in their 27-10 trouncing of the Chiefs. The Bears put up 318 yards of offense, sacked Tony Adams 3 times, forced 2 fumbles, earned 21 first downs, and picked off 2 KC passes in what can be best described as a football clinic. Payton ran for 141 yards on 28 carries AND caught 7 passes for 48 yards, he also scored twice. No wonder they call him Sweetness. Chicago QB Mike Phipps completed 20 of 31 passes for 159 yards and a score and K Bob Thomas added to 40+ yard field goals to embarrass Kansas City. Once more, Tony Adams had a tremendous day, despite throwing 2 picks, Adams completed 15 of 29 passes for 174 yards and a TD pass to TE Al Dixon. Henry Marshall led the Chiefs receivers with 66 yards on 5 catches and the not-quite 100% Nick Lowery added a FG.
Kansas City Chiefs0730-10
Chicago Bears010710-27

0-2, to start....not good, but at least we have our home opener next week against the Vikings so hopefully we can put 4 good quarters together and get a W. See you in KC!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 09-28-2007 at 09:25 AM.
carolinahuey is offline   Reply With Quote