View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #177
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I became a Jays fan for no good reason around '91. Jack Morris showing up (he was my favourite player at the time) in '92 sealed the deal for me. I was lucky, I guess. And the team's success from '82 to then gave me a lot of lore to build on and to get excited about. Then it all went to pot.

One of my best friends growing up (and to this day) is a Canadian and that bolstered my interest, but, I just think hockey is such a pasttime that it's a shame what Bettman did to the sport under the guise of saving it and the fact that he still has a job just bugs the hell out of me.

But yes, an Expos-Jays World Series would've been great, especially since Montreal supported that team well until it was apparent that corrupt Bud and his boys had it out for them. At least an American city is now suffering under that fraud Jeffrey Loria, rather than continuing to rip the hearts out of people who are clearly sports fans, just don't want some huckster coming trying to lie to them about what his intentions are. In retrospect, it wasn't the best place for a baseball team in the first place..but...no one told them to do that. I think somewhere in Western Canada with a domed park would've been much better as a viable 2nd Canadian option.

I hope when the Marlins move, he sells the team and goes back to doing blow or whatever it is he was doing before he decided he wanted to be a baseball owner.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 10-07-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote