General Manager

ROSTER, END OF May 1984.

MAIN EVENTERS

Terry Gordy
Bob Backlund
Michael Hayes
David Von Erich
Gino Hernandez

-Since last month, Piper and Dibaise drop out, Gino moves up, joining David to make up WCCW's 2 top faces. Actually being able to get Gino is a huge move - from reading other dynasties, it's pretty much impossible to get him to leave Houston Championship Wrestling, where he's super loyal to Paul Boesch. So I benefited when they went out of business.

UPPER MIDCARDERS

Roddy Piper
Ted Dibiase
Buddy Roberts
Koko B. Ware
Adrian Adonis
Kerry Von Erich
Bobby Eaton

-Mendoza and Tiger Mask move down from the Upper Midcard, while Piper and Dibaise move down to the Upper Midcard.

-Piper's still serving a one-month suspension, after that, he'll do some jobs, bring in some talent via talent trade before he's FINALLY shown the door.

-Dibiase is moved down because he's also on the way out. Not really through any fault of his own, but he's the second priciest guy on the roster, and there just isn't enough room for him to really make himself worth that amount, since the company is so dominated by Freebirds v. Von Erichs right now.

MIDCARDERS

Arturo Mendoza
Tiger Mask
Nikita Koloff
The Road Warriors
The Sheepherders
Ricky Morton
King Kong Bundy
The Great Kabuki
Kevin Von Erich
iceman Parsons

-Mendoza and Tiger Mask move back down to the midcard, and Buddy Landell drops out of the midcard group.

-The Upper Midcard was getting a little crowded, which means more guys are expecting more ring-time. So Mendoza and Tiger Mask dropping down was just a way to even out the roster a little. And once again, anyone who doesn't have a role in the Von Erich/Freebird storyline is going to take something of a hit over the next few months. For what it's worth, the midcard is where my booking team thinks these two guys should be anyway.

-The Road Warriors and Iceman Parsons are on the list to be pushed a little better. For the Road Warriors, they'll be out in a hurry if they don't impress quickly. They have a great future, but there's just something about using them as a lower-level, non-dominate team. Yet I don't know if they're good enough yet to be anything else. Parsons is a "WCCW original" who hasn't done too much since Chris Adams yet, but he's a young, solid, all-around guy.

-Ricky Morton has suffered his second (kayfabe) injury at the hands of Nikita Koloff. I think I might use him as a tag team partner when he comes back.

LOWER MIDCARDERS

Brian Adias
Tommy Rodgers
Frank Dusek
Mike Von Erich
Buddy Landell

-Buddy drops down to this level, Somers drops down from this level.

-Adias' heel turn is over, and he'll be back as an official face in the next day or two. Buddy Landell is still working through an injury, but once it heels, I've been thinking about turning him heel, having him join the Freebirds, and feud with Mike for the Cruiserweight Championship.

OPENERS

Super Kendo
Al Perez
Villano V
Villano IV
Doug Sommers

-Sommers moves down to this level, while Villano IV moves up into it. Villano IV had a couple of very good matches last month - a B+ match with Gino Hernandez, and B- with Buddy Landell.

ENHANCEMENT TALENT

Owen Hart

-19-year old Hart is the bottom guy on the totem pole, his W/L record so far in WCCW is 3-25-1.

OCCASIONAL WRESTLERS

Jose Lothario
Bruno Sammartino

-It will be interesting to see if Bruno still has it. Lothario will move into a managerial role soon for younger wrestlers as a "mentor".

OTHERS

Skandor Akbar
Gary Hart
Arman Hussein
Boris Malenko
Bill Mercer
Lance Russell
Lord Alfred Hayes
Marc Lowrence
David Manning
Bronco Lubich
Fritz Von Erich
JR Foley

-When Dibiase goes, so will Hussein. Bill Mercer's contract is up in a week and a half - if he's not reasonable about his demands, Lance Russell will carry all of the announcing workload

CONTRACTS UP IN JUNE & JULY:

Bill Mercer (in 9 days)
Arturo Mendoza (in 14 days)
Buddy Landell (in 32 days)
Tommy Rodgers (in 32 days)
Al Perez (in 33 days)
Ricky Morton (in 33 days)
Bronco Lubich (in 39 days)
The Great Kabuki (in 48 days)

-No huge names here, but I'll probably try to re-sign all of them, except Tommy Rodgers. He hasn't shown much improvement, and now he's unhappy backstage.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote