View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:02 AM   #24
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Cronin is a big fan of day 1 no lynches, and in at least the last game he ran, it seemed to benefit the village to vote no lynch. This of course opens the age old debate of whather no lynch is good or not.

I usually take it game by game depending on what type of game and what type of roles are out there.. in a game that is wide open with tons of information, tons of roles it seems to benefit the village to wait on the lynch so those roles have more time to discern the information.. This game not only has a bad guy duke ability, has a false seer as well which means the information that is learned might be less in coming, and slower.

I'm not against a no lynch decision per say, but at least in this game, I see less benefit from it than I might in other games. This game just has only 12 players and with the bad guy duke role, it could be over very fast. So wasting a day could put us behind the 8 ball before we have any vote history.

That makes some sense, I think you're right that the information we would glean overnight is less valuable in this game than say your average game.

Now, what about # of wolves. 12 people, so I'd guess the options would be

1) 2 wolves + enthusiast
2) 3 wolves and no enthusiast
3) 3 wolves + enthusiast

My guess would be #1 as it's less likely that cronin would have so few roles and not use one and #3 would just seem like an impossible road for us.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote