View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #30
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I am very interested in playing, and next week is one of the rare ones that I may have enough time to actually participate. But before I jump in, I have a couple of questions just to make sure I'm not fooling myself.

I have a very rigid schedule, even on weeks like the next one where work is light. I can probably keep up during the work day, but once I leave the office at about 6 PM EST, in no way, shape or form will I be back online before 9:30. It is the only time I get with my daughter during the week, and there is nothing that will make me give that up. Weekends are pretty much off limits for me as well. I can probably check in once in the late afternoon and once before bed, but that is about it.

Looking at the last couple of games, it appears to me that you have to be ready to devote a lot of time reading and writing to be fair to everyone else, and if you aren't on enough before the deadline to fight off the mob, you're pretty much sunk from the start.

So, given my schedule constraints, would I just be taking up space in the game?

I think keeping up during the day is fine. I'm on much more often during the day than at night, and often miss deadline myself if it's 9 Eastern (6 Pacific).

You'll be hounded one way or another anyway though, regardless as to whether you're on or not......