View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #37
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Some positive updates (though slightly outdated...).

Got in at Michigan and Vanderbilt on Monday. Both of their packages arrived a couple of days later -- Vandy's had some impressive material in it (a well-written guide to the school and Nashville, etc.). On Thursday, I got a (slightly unexpected, given the lack of a status checker update) to UT-Austin. There was no financial information included which I thought meant I wouldn't get any.

But, then, on Friday (one day later), I got another letter from them with a scholarship offer of $7,000 per year and in-state tuition. The $7k isn't a huge deal (though nice) but the in-state could be quite critical. That drops tuition from about $33k per year to $20k per year. So if you add the in-state and the money together it's about $20k per year, on an already relatively inexpensive law school (most schools, are over $35k or even $40k per year, compared to UT at $33k). This will certainly be something to mull over, but I still have 13 other schools to hear from (the majority of which could greatly affect my final decision).

~rpi-fan