View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #5834
sttfrk
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
Have you seen the tons of posts asking for screenshots that document the improvements?
yes, I've seen some of those posts and I've seen screens posted the last couple days.

I'm not trying to be a MaxFootball apologists or champion. The game has serious faults as some games due when first introduced. MF probably tried to do to much all at once instead of doing less, but doing it better and then introducing new features and customizations after the solid frame had been put in place. I think it is moving in the right direction and would hope more people would recognize the game is not everyone's cup of tea and has faults, but is working to improve them and does get better after every release. Now, I wasn't here when the developer and his wife tried to defend himself and the game. I can understand why that immediately turned people and why some won't ever give the game a chance and will mock it unmercifully. It would be nice if everyone could look at it now through a new set of eyes and form an opinion on the game rather than the previous history, innuendo, rumors, and downright falsehoods that exist in this thread. Yes, I realize MaxFootball, its developer, and its publisher make that difficult by not providing a demo. All serious questions and comments on the MaxFootball site seem to get addressed and answered, even if the answer isn't what one wants to hear.

Anyway, I think I've stated my opinion and I'm not really trying to change anyone else's. I think it would be great if everyone could play the game, understand what it is trying to do, and then make informed decisions instead of going off screenshots and the postings of others.

Obviously I'm not a regular here, but will try to check back often and reply to anything directed towards me or to posts that I may have experience with and can give a semi-qualified opinion on.
sttfrk is offline   Reply With Quote