View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #5840
sttfrk
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Sure its true that some people won't like the default playbooks, but it you don't have base playbooks/rule sets to start with, how is anyone gonna play it out of the box. Are you saying this game was never meant for someone who just wants to load a game and play a few games of football?
I'm not saying that at all and not sure how you got to that conclusion from my posts. It is entirely possible to load the game and play a few games of NFL, CFL, or Indoor Football-style games. You will most likely have fun doing so. The problem for me seems to come when I want to put a league together and play several seasons. To get the type of results I want, I have to give each team different playbooks, different strategy profiles/settings, tweak the league rules, and modify some of the core game elements most people wouldn't even know how to find. Some would be very content running the game with the default settings and enjoying it. Some would spend several hours tweaking and setting up leagues to get the results they want, and others will play the default settings, not like the results, turn the game off and post what a crappy game it is without working to make it better. Not that anyone should have to work to make the game enjoyable to them.

If the quick sim engine was the same or produced the same results as the in-game engine, I would probably be several seasons into a league right now. But having to play out each game CPU vs CPU to get results is not possible for me right now. I have no reservations recommending it with the caveat that it can be a complex game to configure and use. Then again, the default settings may be exactly what you are looking for which would make the game seem less complex and still enjoyable.

Last edited by sttfrk : 12-20-2007 at 03:07 PM.
sttfrk is offline   Reply With Quote