View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #5842
sttfrk
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post

All I am saying is that you are having he same issues here as you do in Madden, but there are way more headaches.
1) The schedule it creates is crap.
2) It doesn't have any draft, free agency, or trading options.
3) It's graphics don't even compare.
4) It doesn't record stats properly.
5) You have to use a database to customize options (so you better hope you customers have Access available).
6) There are still no interception return yards.
7) There is only one type of pass.

1) I disagree. The schedule is basic, but correct for most league configurations and can be edited to reflect your preferences.
2) It does have a draft and free agency. AI teams do sign and release players to fit their roster to the team profile. There is no trade AI, but I think even Madden at one point had no AI trades. It might have been a different game I'm thinking about, but it is not uncommon.
3) True, but you have one man developing the game not 100's and a dedicated graphic design staff. I enjoy the graphics and think they are more than adequate and quite good considering.
4) There is only one bug I know of that adds penalty yards to rushing stats. Otherwise, I am not aware of any other problems recording stats.
5) this is one of the game's best features. It opens up the game and allows it to be easily edited by 3rd parties. Check the mod forum to see some of the utitilities and editors that have been made. As the fan base for the game grows (hopefully), there will only be more and more editors and utilities available because the game stores data in customizable databases. Also, you can use the free database software in OpenOffice to access and manipulate the game databases. There is even a guide on the site instructing you how to do that. I myself have used it to add different footballs to the league options and change several league settings. I have to reiterate how good of a thing this is.
6) do you mean that are kept track of and reported? David has added a bunch of defensive stats to v2.2 (currently in beta). I believe this is one that is now tracked and found in a report. It may already be in the game, I just don't recall seeing it and don't have the game available at the moment.
7) This is not true in arcade mode. You can have lob passes, bullet passes and in between. I can not accurately comment if coach games have varying pass types since its been awhile since I played and I was focusing on other areas of the game.

I'm not trying to argue, rather inform. I'm not sure what you are basing your information on, but it seems to be incorrect. Some of the above is just opinion and will vary from person to person, but most of it is already in the game as I've mentioned above.
sttfrk is offline   Reply With Quote