View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am back to the Pittsburgh trade after redoing the previous trades from start. I decide to shop this future first elsewhere. I now know that my strategy of acquiring multiple picks of the same round in the future and then trading those picks in for numerous picks in that round will not work. I either trade my future first for a lot of picks, but nothing special, or I get a first round out of it. Hmm, maybe I can get both if I drop down a bit.

Nothing really happy comes my way.

I go back to my idea of trading with Oakland I offer my pick again for their 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and again, no dice. Then I do my Abedraft. I make the smallest change and see if that works. In this case, I drop a 6 for a 7. Then, if that doesn’t work, I drop the 7. Then I drop a 5 for a 6. Then for a 7. Etc. I offer the next closest thing in order to negotiate for the best deal.

Oakland accepts the next offer. 2, 3, 4, 5, 7. All this time, I was this close to a deal. Here’s the 411: With these picks, I have the top two selections I n every round but the first and sixth. I get two picks in between the picks I would get with a 1st and 3rd rounder of a later first round pick.

I gain the following picks, without regard for round:

Or I could trade with a team like Cincinnati and get their:

Which list would you rather have? Which list gives you the best group of five players?

That’s not really a question, is it?

We trade our remaining future first to Oakland for their 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote