View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2011-2012

The Squad
We came off a solid defensive, but piss poor offensive season last year. However, our board gave us 4.7 million to work with. A few big players, a switch back to our 4-1-2-1-2, and I think we can pull this off.

So...first, the roster. And a detailed view of our starting 11 (I didn't really wanna screenshot our entire squad).

GK - Vito Mannone
Oh Vito Vito Vito. You've done so well for us, but you're just not that talented. I'm going to ride you right into the ground till I can find me a stellar keeper who is willing to play here. I'm hoping promotion to the championship will attract the top tier goalkeeping talent to Notts County.

DL - Joe Ledley
Joe is a new signing to Notts County, replacing Robbie Williams as the primary left back. Joe has thus far been very solid, though I've been rotating him in with Robbie, who is no slouch himself, over the course of the season. I feel comfortable having either in this position, though Joe will hopefully be manning this spot for a few more seasons.

DC - Scott Dann
Scott is probably next in the firing line. Don't get me wrong, he's solid, but he's not spectacular. We have a little over 3 million in open transfer funds right now, and I'm looking for a top notch defender to unseat Scott here.

DC - Lloyd Doyley
We brought in Doyley last season, and I wonder if I'm going to give the guy a heart attack. He plays more games than anyone else, and does it quite well.

DR - Simon Francis
Our new team Captain, the squad loves him. Honestly, I wouldn't mind upgrading this position, but I do not want to fuck with cohesion back there, especially with us doing so well.

DMC - Nadjim Abdou
Another new signing to replace our departed ex-captain, he has thus far impressed. I love his all around game, and unlike his predecessor, he has the stamina to last a full match, which is vital in this position.

ML - Richmond Bossman
My offense lives and dies here. The strikers get the glory, but the wings control the game. Richmond "The Boss", has done an incredible job in his 2nd season back.

MR - Dean Sinclair
Dean is our sort of super starter. He splits time with Boyd as AMC, as we have a high quality pure right winger as well. Sinclair is a great guy to have, as I can plug him in at two big positions and feel pretty good.

AMC - George Boyd
George is sort of the guy who gets lost in the shuffle for me, but I've noticed...when he's not in, we're not doing as well.
It's a demanding position, and requires a lot of running across a lot of space. He's also allowed heavy creativity, and is tasked with picking up for the strikers.

ST - Nabil El Zhar
I signed him mid last season, thinking I needed a killer striker. We moved to a different offense, and I wound up playing him as an AMC. That worked...eh. When we switched back to a 2 forward tactic, he was the obvious choice as one of my forwards, and has thus far shined.

ST - Ross McCormack
...but not as much as this guy. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 01-08-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote