View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
pompey
n00b

OK, so compared to the stated plan the key points are:

-We’re running the ball lots and not doing a bad job of it.

-The passing game has high comp % and is not too bad on yards per attempt.

-Sipe is taking good care of the ball and has surpassed expectations.

-Greg Pruitt is running well, hasn’t fumbled yet but, surprisingly, is also averaging 10 yards per target receiving. I need to get the ball passed to him more and so will reduce RB pass block percentage.

-We’re struggling to get the ball to Ozzie Newsome. Not sure how to solve this and any ideas would be welcome. I’ve reduced multi-receiver sets and currently have misc long passing set at 35-40-15-7-3.

-3rd down conversion rate is excellent but we’re getting bogged down in the red zone. Maybe need to look at the adjustments here.

-Basically Skydog’s smashmouth plan is doing exactly what it says on the tin.

-The defense is doing a good ‘bend don’t break’ job but the lack of turnovers is just not good enough. This is the same problem I’m having with this gameplan in the HFL (Bears) but in the UFL (Shreveport) we’re forcing turnovers for fun. No idea why there's a difference.

-The smashmouth offense is also keeping the opposition off the field as demonstrated by being ranked 4th in rushes and 3rd in pass attempts against us.

-Special Teams has been a bit of a disaster. We keep getting kicks and punts blocked and I have no idea why. Could be roll of dice or maybe something I’ve missed. Our long snapper seems fine but we are fielding a rookie punter so maybe this has something to do with it.

Last edited by pompey : 01-15-2008 at 05:34 PM.
pompey is offline   Reply With Quote