View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 10:47 PM   #298
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Oh, guess it's customary to give some background

I've always been a "big" guy. The summer before I went off to college (well the winter+spring+summer) I had dieted (Weight Watchers) quite extensively and diligently and got myself down to ~178lbs. College came along and we know how that story went and I was back up to 200+ in very little time.

Just kept gradually creeping up and creeping up. Lost 15lbs when we went to Peru in summer 06 on the Inca Trail and on that whole vacation, and was down around 215 or so after that. Well...the weight crept back up over time since then till I went to the doctor in Oct 08 as I said in my last post, and was at 246, and frankly that scared the fuck out of me. Because I was already FEELING like it was too much, but that really...made me commit to doing something about it.

Some moderate exercise, eating intelligently and portion-control to shrink the stomach and I'm down to (here let me go weigh myself) 229 lbs (damn cold throwing off my working out).

I'd like to see myself end up ~200 lbs. I know that the 180 that Weight Watchers and all the "your perfect body weight for your size" things say is too light a target for me to be able to maintain, but if I could be somewhere just under or around 2 bills that'd be great.

I love food, so my weight is always going to yo-yo and it's always going to be a struggle for me.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote